How to Access MSG Network on Roku?
Generally referred to as MSG, MSG Network, is a popular regional cable and satellite TV network, and radio service available in the US. Owned by MSG Network, Inc., MSG Network is basically a spin-off of the main Madison Square Garden Company operations. While The channel is known for primarily serving the Mid-Atlantic US region, its programming focuses primarily on programs and events featuring New York City sports teams. MSG Network is available on most cable systems, satellite, streaming media, and other platforms. If you are looking to access the channel particularly on your Roku device, unluckily, the application is not supported by the channel store of Roku. However, if you wish to wish to access the MSG Go network on Roku, you can follow the workaround provided below.
Steps to Watch MSG Go Channel Using Roku
Although the MSG Go application is not available in the Roku Channel Store, there is a workaround that can help you access the MSG Go channel on your Roku device. Well, this workaround includes mirroring the screen of your Android device on your Roku-connected TV. This is because the MSG Go app is available for Android which implies that installing the application on your Android device and mirroring its screen on your Roku device can allow you to access MSG Go channel on your Roku device. To know the complete screen mirroring process, follow the instructions provided below.
To Download MSG Go App on Android
- To begin with, you will first need to open the Play Store application on your smartphone. Once you have opened the Google Play Store, you will need to type MSG Go in the search field and press the search icon. This will display a search result on your screen.
- Next, you will need to select the MSG Go app icon from the search result that appears on your screen. Doing so will direct you to the preview page of the application. Once you get to the preview page of the application, you will need to select the Install button to add the MSG Go application to your Android device.
- Once the installation gets completed, you will need to open the app and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup process. You may have to sign in to the app using the login credentials you created your account when prompted.
- Once you are signed into the application, you will now need to enable screen mirroring on your Roku device.
Steps to Activate Screen Mirroring On Roku
NOTE: The screen mirroring feature is available for Roku devices that run on OS 7.7 or higher versions. In case you do not find this option available for your Roku device, make sure that you are using an up-to-date version of Roku.
- If you wish to update your Roku device, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- Firstly, you will need to navigate to the home screen of your Roku device. For this, you will need to press the Home button (home icon) on your Roku remote.
- From the home screen, you will need to locate and select the Settings option.
- Once you reach the settings section of your Roku device, you will need to select the Systems option and press the System Updates option. Doing so will instruct your Roku device to search for available updates. If there will bean update available, it should get downloaded and installed automatically.
- Next, you will need to enable the Screen Mirroring feature in your Roku device:
- To begin with, you will first need to navigate to the home screen of your Roku device and open the Settings option.
- Once you get to the settings section of your Roku device, you will need to press the Screen mirroring option. This will expand the menu on your screen with the following options.
- Screen mirroring mode
- Screen mirroring devices
- From the given options, you will need to select the Screen mirroring mode option. Selecting this option will display the below-mentioned options on your screen :
- Always allow
- Never allow
- Select the relevant option from the given ones and complete the screen mirroring option for your Roku device. When you have enabled the screen mirroring feature, return to the home screen and follow these instructions:
Enabling Screen Mirroring On your Android Device
- On your Android device, you will first need to navigate to the Settings section of your Android device and select the other Wirelessconnection/connections option from the screen.
- Next, tap on the Multi-screen Interaction option and select the slider button next to it.
- Then, from the given list of options, you will need to select your Roku device and follow the on-screen prompts to begin screen mirroring of your Android device on Roku.
- Once you find that the screen of your Android device is being displayed on your Roku screen, open the MSG Network app on your android device and start watching its content on your Roku device through screen mirroring.
So, these are the steps that will help you to easily watch MSG Network content on your Roku device.